Wealth Experts from DJH Mitten Clarke Ltd and Wealth Experts Ltd are what is known as a ‘controller’ of the personal data you provide to us and Richard Johnston is our Data Protection Officer.
Our contact details are:
Registered Office: Highpoint, Festival Way, Stoke-on-Trent, ST1 5SQ
Telephone: 01782 279615
Why we need your details
We collect and use your personal details so that we can process one of the following:-
- Provide you with financial advice
- Reply to any requests for information that you ask for us
- Clarify any particular query
- Supply details of any product or service that we believe may meet your needs
- Cross check any information that we receive with that held on our database
How we receive this information
The information that we hold may be supplied by you directly to us by telephone, face to face meeting or email. We class this as ‘personally identifiable information’, which means it can be used to identify you, personally.
Information we may collect about you
The personal data you give to us may include:
- Your name, title and date of birth
- Contact information, including telephone number, postal address and email address
- Information relating to your location, preferences and / or interests
- Employment details
- In certain circumstances, National Insurance number and financial details such as bank account details
- In certain circumstances, data relating to health (including disabilities)
- Information relating to your investments, pensions and any other financial plan’s
- Any other information necessary to provide you with comprehensive financial advice
- How long we store your personal information
Personal data shall be held for no longer than is necessary. In most cases data is held in accordance with the requirements of the Financial Conduct Authority to maintain a suitable audit trail for the safeguarding of you, the client’s best interest. The information we use for marketing purposes will be retained until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive communication from us.
How we secure your personal information
We have data protection policies in place to ensure our compliance with the data protection laws and that your personal data is controlled and processed securely.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Depending on the browser you use you should be able to control what cookies are placed on your device through the browser settings. You can find out about cookies, how to see what cookies have been set, how to manage and delete them at www.aboutcookies.org.uk.
We do not store any personal data in the cookies that we use and store your information anonymously.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
You have a number of rights relating to your information:
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal data
- The right to have the personal data corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal data completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal data
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data
- The right to have your personal data erased or forgotten
- The right to request access to your personal data and information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal data.
Changes to your information and how to complain
If at any point you believe the information we process about you is incorrect, you can exercise your rights as we have listed above and we will action your requests, subject to our legal responsibilities. If you wish to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, then do please contact our data protection officer at Paul.Darley@wealth-experts.co.uk via the contact details supplied above. If you are not satisfied with how we deal with your complaint, or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the data protection laws, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk.
Review of this Policy
We keep this policy up to date and it was last updated in September 2021.